Monday, September 3, 2012

Project Hiroshi Post 01

For the first project, I've chosen to do a menagerie. I've come up with two concepts thus far. The first concept I came up with was to do fairy tales. I would create a scene made up of several smaller scenes depicting various tales in my own style. I did not draw it, but if I go this route I'm considering putting some kind of twist into all of the tales to be either humorous or dark. The second concept I came up with was to do Space Cowboys and Aliens. I would put some quirky space sheriffs against bandit aliens to create a comical scene, perhaps a space train robbery on Mars.

Paul Bunyan
Humpty Dumpty


Little Red Riding Hood


Space Cowboys and Aliens


Inspiration

Matt Kaufenberg

I really like his colors and simple designs.

Hylton Warburton

The retro, grungy style has a really nice feel to me, and I think something similar could fit my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment