Monday, September 10, 2012

Project One Update Two

After last week, I had several ideas from the class discussion. My first idea, Fairy Tales, became much darker. In this version, all of the characters are in a drunken stupor. Paul Bunyan is squishing Humpty Dumpty's wife which causes Humpty Dumpty to throw his children from the roof out of anger. Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, dressed as Grandma, lay together on the roof seductively. In the background, Babe the ox is randomly engaged in promiscuous activity and the sun creepily watches it all unfold with popcorn in hand.


For color inspiration with this concept, I chose a piece by Petr Stefek. The scheme is mostly red and blue and feels like it could work in a similar fashion with the Fairy Tales.


In my second idea, Space Cowboys and Aliens, I was drawn to the idea of a card game. In this version, all of the sheriffs on Mars are getting together for the annual company card game day at the local saloon. However, things run afoul when a hand of poker turns heated. Deputies get shot, beer gets spilled, and all Hell breaks loose when two wild guns draw arms instead of cards.


For color inspiration with this concept, I chose a piece done by my boss, Kyle Jones. His schemes are generally brilliant and unexpected, and I feel this piece could benefit from a similar color scheme.
http://kylejones.tumblr.com/post/19733721187/spacecadet


No comments:

Post a Comment