Sunday, October 7, 2012

Project Yoakam Week 01

After our meeting on Thursday, we've gotten off to a great start. As Art Director, I've been working closely with both the Puppet Team and the Story Team this week. We've all been concepting ideas to figure out just what kind of character we want our puppet to have.

To help out with development, I called up some friends who work with puppetry and got some tips and tricks for when we actually build our design. I learned about using budget materials like plastic spoons, cans, and various forms of foam in order to get the most bang for our buck when constructing the puppet. At the next meeting, we will discuss materials we have and figure out those we still need to obtain.

I would like to go ahead and establish a visual convention for everyone doing concept art or production art. In the bottom left-hand corner of all work, please insert the following text:

Project Yoakam: (Brief description of what artwork is)
Artist: (your name)
Date: (date created MM/DD/YY)

Please use a basic sans-serif font and make sure it's easy to read. You do not need to do any fancy formatting, just make it readable and make sure it's out of the way of your art. We are still working on what we want the file name conventions to be, but please do this IN ADDITION to our naming conventions, as it will make critiquing work much easier.

Lastly, here are a few sketches I did to help out the Puppet Team. I've already talked with Don about most of them and he's posted notes on his blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment