Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday, November 19, 2012

D4M Storyboards


The initial storyboards are very rough, because I am at the mercy of simulated fluids with how things are actually going to look. However, I've roughed out my general staging and sequence of events. The boards go from left to right, top to bottom.

1. A small glimmer of light shines alone in a void expanse.
2. The light grows in brightness and explodes with immense energy.
3. The smoke and debris swirls around the light, slowly becoming liquid.
4. The liquid forms around the light, creating a ball of matter.
5. Layers form around the ball and spin around each other. DNA like connections begin to form and we start to see other balls faintly in the background.
6. Close up of 5.
7. Cut back to farther away from the ball, now covered by the DNA. More connections are forming around it, linking to other particles.
8. Camera begins to pull out.
9. Pull out speeds up.
10. DNA covers the screen for a wipe
11. Camera slows down to reveal a rubber duck.

Also, I've begun to do some testing in Realflow and Phoenix FD for some of my simulations.



Sunday, November 18, 2012

Monday, November 12, 2012

D4M Final Proposal

For my final project, I want to create a 20-30 second, abstract motion-design piece centered around the idea of creation. The short will show an object (yet undecided) being created from nothing at the molecular level. To get an idea of the kind of atmosphere I'm going for with this piece, check out this styleframe I created.






In order to create the short, I plan on using After Effects, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Phoenix FD, and VRay.

Production Schedule:
November 20 - Storyboards
November 27 - Final Styleframes and Look Development completed
December 4 - First half animated
December 11 - Second half animated
December 13 - Present final animation

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cathedral Lighting Update

Finally got to start lighting the cathedral. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with it, but here's my first pass at lighting realistically.



Monday, November 5, 2012

Project Yoakam Home Stretch

We got a lot of filming and effects work done this past week. We had to reshoot a number of scenes for continuity reasons and also to get better lighting. Other than being on set for most of the week, I did a ton of compositing and VFX this weekend. Here are a few screenshots from the edit.